Country: Liberia, Sierra Leone, United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 30 Sep 2018
The Country Representative will be part of the senior management team of BRAC International and have shared accountability for programmatic and operational activities. As head of the country office, the Country Representative will be responsible for delivering BRAC International country strategy through quality programmes in microfinance, health, education, Graduation of Ultra Poor, adolescents programme, agriculture, poultry & livestock, livelihood, food security, and future programmes/projects , as well as liaising with funding partners BRAC USA and BRAC UK.
The position provides immense opportunity to play an increasingly important and decisive strategic role within BRAC International while leading a diverse workforce of in-country staff. The position will receive strategic support from a variety of sources at BRAC International – Regional Director, Chief People Officer,Finance Director, programmeanchors and other unit heads in BRAC International based in the Head Office in Dhaka and affiliate offices in the UK, USA, as well our fundraiser representative in the Netherlands.
· Uphold, promote, and apply the core Values and Mission of BRAC in the host country
· Lead and supervise the program managers on planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the projects to ensure the effective and efficient execution of project deliverables and alignment with organizational strategic direction.
· Contributes in program development and the writing of project proposals for extension of existing and/or establishment of new programs in host country
· Ensure a relevant, timely and accurate flow of strategic, management and operational reports for the implementation of effective work according to program objectives and standards and to meet reporting standards of donors, partner offices and the headquarters
· Supervise managers to ensure regular budget monitoring to be conducted for all programs/ projects
· Ensure adequate systems are in place and followed, regarding program procurements, management and maintenance of project assets, regular inventories and similar activities
· Represent BRAC to foreign and national governments, partners, donors and other stakeholders, and develop and maintain productive relationships and be BRAC’s representative and spokesperson to local and international media/ audience
· Direct and manage staffing in the country while focusing on developing capabilities appropriate to the strategic and operational needs of projects/programs, needs of both the present and future within the country and create ownership among local staff
· Ensure proper and transparent management of resources and reporting systems are established in the country in accordance with the policy and procedures and all regulatory requirements of BRAC, host country governments and donor’s policy
· Visit projects to advise, build relationships, evaluate and inspect the funded projects and follow up on audit findings, risk register and monitoring report
· Analyse continuous impact and effectiveness of existing programs on a national level and adapt accordingly
· Liaise with Advisory Committee Members
· Strong commitment to BRAC’s mission, approach and values
· A firm dedication to international development
· Flexible and adaptable with good interpersonal skills and a ‘can-do’ approach
· Ability to lead and inspire a small team
· Cultural sensitivity and ability to develop strong and trusting relationships across the world and across cultures
· Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
· Dependable and reliable with the ability to be productive under time pressure
· Very well organised, capable of building productive internal and external relationships for the organisation
· Positive, resilient and supportive
· Ability to confidently articulate BRAC’s approach and impact in public fora
· Ability to travel widely within the country and internationally
Masters in Development Studies or another relevant subject from any recognised university with minimum second class/division or equivalent CGPA in all academic records.
· 10+ years, including proven program management experience in one or more developing country setting
· Professional knowledge of diverse development approaches
Employment type: Contractual
How to apply:
If you feel you are the right match for above mentioned position, please email your CV with a letter of interest mentioning your educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at email@example.com. Please mention the name of the position, country applied for and AD# 40/18** in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted. Application deadline: September 30, 2018
Women and nationals of African are encouraged to apply
BRAC is an equal opportunity employer