Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following roles;
Title: Vocational Teacher – Food production and bakery
Reporting Line: Principal
Location: Mtendeli Camp, Kibondo District, Kigoma Region
Contract Duration: November-February, 2019 (Contract could be extended subject to funding.)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, following curriculum guidelines and communicate those objectives to students.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage
- Plan and conduct learning facilitation on cookery and bakery for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate
- Prepare and administer assessments to evaluate students’ academic progress, behavior, social development and preparedness for self-reliance
- Implementing extra-curricular activities that will lead to shaping the trainees’ behaviors and attitudes
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by administrative regulations
- Required to follow all regulations and procedures set by Good Neighbors Tanzania.
Qualification, experiences and competencies
- Holder of a National Vocational Award Level III or a diploma in food production from a recognized training institution
- Minimum of Instructional Methods Certificate (IMC).
- Experience of five years on teaching food production/bakery.
- Prepare report on training implementation in his/her own workshop
- Prepare maintenance schedule for training tools and equipment
- Fluent in speaking and writing Swahili and English.
- Ability to communicate with Burundians is an added advantage
- All applications should be sent with enclosed cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees to: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. (One of the three referees should be recent-previous employer.)
- Deadline for application is not later than 12th October, 2018.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and emails.
- Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.