The Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for reviewing payments across our organization and conducting other sensitive and mission critical payments work. Your work will enhance the quality and security of service provided by the finance team to other departments and ultimately to the farmer.
We are seeking a professional with a background in accounting or finance and an interest in international development to serve in a position that will allow you to build your finance and systems expertise and work with global, cross-country teams. The position requires strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and an impeccable record when it comes to ethics and confidentiality.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Typical tasks will include:
- Review Payments. The Accounts Payable Clerk will review staff and vendor payables. This will include review of each payment against a standard accounts payable checklist before payment is made, and will include the use of multiple banking platforms.
- Collaborate with Cross-Country Teams. The Accounts Payable Clerk will collaborate daily with finance team members located in Kigali and New York to execute payments, follow up on payment issues, and ensure efficient processing of payments.
- Ownership of Grant and Other Reporting: The Accounts Payable Clerk will take ownership of providing bank statements and other grant reporting materials. This person will act as the key liaison between the Finance Operations team and the Business Development team.
- Ad-hoc banking projects: The Accounts Payable Clerk will work with One Acre Fund banking partners as needed to design necessary and useful banking tools for the organization as a whole
Please note that this position may require flexible hours to accommodate cross-country collaboration.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentor-ship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
Access to training opportunities and paid in-office training for relevant professional training.
We are seeking a professional with 3+ years of work experience, strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- 3+ years of work experience in a finance-related role required
- Previous experience with SAP Business One a plus
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage remote working relationships
- Language: English required, French a plus
- Confidence with numbers
- Ability and drive to work independently
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Experience with banking/payment platforms a plus
Preferred Start Date
Commensurate with experience.
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
No; must have existing rights to work in Rwanda.
How to Apply