Bridges to Prosperity (B2P) is an international non-governmental organization that specializes in the design and construction of pedestrian footbridges. We are seeking a motivated, dynamic and highly capable Logistics Coordinator to support our Industry Partner Program.
As the Rwanda Industry Site Liaison, you will be responsible for coordinating all ground logistics for visiting teams of international volunteers. You will act as the main contact between B2P, the local communities and the incoming corporate teams. The ideal candidate would be a young professional with an interest in international development who thrives in a team environment.
- Support the B2P Rwanda Industry Coordinator to prepare the arrival of the Industry Team including accommodation, meals, vehicle hire and site preparation
- Respond to requests for information prior to the team’s arrival via email or telephone
- Understand each bridge site and community and be able to articulate this to the international team
- Accompany the team throughout their time in country, assisting them to organise off site logistics or resolve any problems which may arise
- Act as a liaison between other B2P employees, the local community and the incoming corporate team
- Manage up to two cooks
- Promote B2P’s culture of safety and quality both on and off the bridge site
- Other general tasks as requested
- Previous experience in hospitality or tourism
- Professional and details-oriented communication and organisational skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative, energetic and self-motivated, with a proven track record of taking initiative and problem solving
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Email
- Fluent written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda
- Passion for B2P’s mission and international non-profit work
This is a full-time position. The successful candidate will split their time between Kigali-based administration prior to the team’s arrival and field work during their time in country. Accompanying the team during their time in country will involve working seven days per week and living on site for the two week duration of their stay. The successful candidate will be entitled to one week of leave following each Corporate Team build, in addition to any statutory leave according to Rwandan labour law.
How to apply