Job Title: Senior Accounts Assistant
Employer: Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC)
Job Ref: HRM/EOC/2017/05
Location: Kampala, Uganda
· The Senior Accounts Assistant will provide custody for accounting records and documents.
· The jobholder will also process deferred tax payments, tax returns and keep records thereof.
· Post financial transactions, cashbooks, subsidiary ledgers to General ledger and maintain up-to-date record of the books of accounts.
· Prepare and reconcile payroll transaction reports.
· Capture transactions into the commitment control register.
· Keep custody of cash/imprest, effect payments, and maintain up-to-date cash book records.
· Prepare draft monthly reconciliation reports.
· Prepare voucher according to payment requested.
· The jobholder will record and capture data on the system.
· Improve information on Electronic Funds Transfer and, execute payment to the beneficiaries.
· The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent
· Professional training in CPA II or ACCA level II is an added advantage
· At least two years of relevant working experience at the level of Accounts Assistant or equivalent from a reputable organization
· Core Competencies: Demonstrating objectivity, integrity, and ethical behaviour, Problem solving and decision-making skills, Innovative and creative thinking, ability to work productively with individuals in diversity of roles and with varying interests. Knowledge of finance and accounting packages, Excellent command of spoken and written English, Communication and interpersonal skills, Strong IT and computer proficiency skills, Results and team-oriented. Ability to work under tight deadlines.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications including a Public Service Form 3 (2008), download here, with the following attachments in triplicate: detailed CVs, certified copies of academic transcripts, relevant certificates and two referees (previous for those who may not be currently employed).
The application forms may also be obtained from the Public Service Commission Offices, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Kampala, or at the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) Offices, Plot 7, Luthuli Close, Bugolobi.
The completed applications should be addressed to: The Acting Secretary, Equal Opportunities Commission, P.O. Box 27672, Kampala, Uganda indicating the post applied for, together with the job reference (See at Beginning of Job Advert) which should be indicated on the right hand top corner of the envelope.
Deadline: 30th November, 2017 by 5:00pm