United Bank for Africa (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in twenty (20) countries and three (3) global financial centers: London, Paris and New York. UBA has evolved into a Pan-African, provider of banking and related financial services through diverse channels globally. United Bank for Africa Uganda represents UBA’s pioneer country activities in the East and Southern African sub-region. With a growing network of branches and ATMs across the country, the bank continues to expand the retail and commercial playing field in Uganda by delivering unique financial products and solutions. The bank is seeking to recruit competent individuals in the following positions;
Job Summary: The Relationship Manager –Wholesale Banking will drive the growth of the bank asset and liability portfolio in the Multinational Corporations and Leading Corporate business segment, as per the Bank’s strategy and maximize net revenue generation through delivery of a fast track product structuring and appraisal process that will ensure timely delivery of well-structured products to customers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive growth of the balance sheet through generating good quality assets / liabilities through developing strategic relationships with Multinational companies and the leading corporate in the country, as per bank’s strategic focus.
- Contribute to Bank’s projected income through growth of the Bank’s risk assets portfolio and related fee product income.
- Review / appraise potential business being attracted by the bank in the niche segment of Wholesale Banking.
- Participate in development and structuring of products and/or facilities that may enhance the balance sheet growth and income streams of the Bank.
- Analyse the portfolio performance so as to further develop/structure appropriate products for the customer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Relationship Manager –Wholesale Banking job placement must have at least five years’ experience in Corporate/Wholesale Banking as a Relationship Manager.
- Knowledge of credit risk analysis and technical ability to read & interpret financial statements presented for Credit assessment.
- All round product knowledge in the Banking sector with competence of product offering at Corporate level.
- Creativity and initiative.
- Good presentation, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and independently achieve results with minimum supervision.
- Proficiency in Ms EXCEL and WORD.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the Financial Institutions Statute 2004 together with Regulations on Credit Lending
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and up-to-date CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org , with the subject “Relationship Manager” addressed to:
The Head of Human Capital,
United Bank for Africa (Uganda) Ltd,
Plot 2, Jinja Road – Kampala, Uganda,
P.O. BOX 7396, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 5th December 2018
(Visited 6 times, 5 visits today)