The University of Newcastle is delighted to offer Shaping Futures Scholarships for the students to pursue undergraduate degree program. Scholarships are available to the Australian & international students.
These scholarships are funded entirely by generous donations from alumni, donors, staff, businesses and the community, and funds are continually sought via the Shaping Futures Appeal.
The purpose of this scholarship is to support the students to continue to overcome disadvantage and maintain their achievements.
The University of Newcastle is one of Australia’s leading universities and ranks among the world’s top 100. We help change lives through research and education.
• Application Deadline: March 6, 2019
• Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate degree program.
• Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the Faculties of Business and Law, Education and Art, Engineering and Built Environment, Health and Medicine and Science.
• Scholarship Award: Scholarships will be awarded worth up to $4,000.
• Number of Scholarships: 47 scholarships are available.
• Nationality: Scholarships are available to the Australian & international students.
• Scholarship can be taken in Australia.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
• Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to the Australian & international students.
• Entrance Requirements: Applicant must meet the following criteria:
1. Be enrolled in any year of an undergraduate degree program at the University of Newcastle.
2. Be enrolled full-time.
3. Demonstrate sound academic performance either by ATAR required for entry to your program or progression through your degree and/or enabling subjects with no failed units.
4. Demonstrate that you are affected by educational disadvantage, such as career or sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
5. Not be the recipient of another UON Donor-funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
English Language Requirements:A very good command of English in oral and written communication is mandatory.
How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship students must submit the application form by March 6, 2019.