Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
Organization: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Reports to: Programme Policy Officer
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas: Saving lives in Emergencies; Building Resilience through Predictable Safety Nets; Improving Nutrition & Mother-and Child Health; and Supporting Small Holder Farmers to Access Markets. WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Business Support Assistant (Data) will provide data management administrative support to the field office reporting to the Programme Policy Officer. At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. The Job holder is expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. The incumbent will support data management at the field office to facilitate effective service delivery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- On behalf of the HOFO, be the focal point for Data management, for all corporate tools (COMET, ProMIS, SCOPE, LESS, etc).
- Support the CP to improve data management of the existing activities at the respective Field Offices
- Support data reconciliation with partners and, internally between programme and logistics; this is to ensure consistency between LESS and COMET.
- Initiate and manage digital innovations (digitization of programme activities) in liaison with core programme staff.
- Create or update the Field Office Food Release Note (FRN) for School Meal Programmes OR HGSMP and nutrition programs (MCHN and CBSFP) in the COMET database by 15th day of every month.
- Ensure the captured data in COMET and ProMIS are timely cleared and/or validated by the Head of Field Office or any other designated programme staff.
- Capture daily food utilization/distribution report (DDR) for SMP MCHN and SFP monthly progress reports in the ProMIS database.
- Monitor and review overall commodity movement such as food release, deliveries, returns and distribution at the various settlement FDPs and verify if the amounts received have been properly recorded, damaged or suspected to be damaged.
- Report on any discrepancy related to data capture during data analysis in COMET and ProMIS or related to partner reports.
- Coordinate and facilitate training of cooperating partners staff and other stakeholders in reports, data management in ProMIS and COMET
- Maintain population statistics of Drought Affected Population in an Agreed Format and regularly update the format.
- Regularly generate reports from the data base for planning and management of the programmes.
- Update documentation and keep good records of the Field Office for audit and reference points
- Perform any other works deem necessary
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Business Support Assistant (Data) job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Nutrition, Agriculture, Commerce, ICT related or any other related field;
- A minimum of three years of relevant working experience in either of the following fields, agriculture production, relief, humanitarian intervention, statistics, social administration, refugee, operations and community mobilization;
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and any of the Karamojong languages used at the duty station is a MUST
NB: Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme are encouraged to submit their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 27th January 2019
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.
(Visited 203 times, 1 visits today)