Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
Organization: Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is an International NGO that exists to alleviate poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities. Mercy Corps has been fully registered in Uganda as an operational NGO. Currently Mercy Corps has an office in Kampala and is implementing Food Security programs which comprise of Water and Sanitation, Livelihood and Agriculture and Conflict Mitigation Management Program in North and North Eastern Uganda. We implement programs in the northern districts of Pader, Kitgum, Agago, Lamwo, Kaabong, Abim and Kotido with funding from USAID, USDA, Walmart Foundation, SDC, DFID as well as other private donations.
Job Summary: The Administration Officer reports to the Senior Operations Officer and is responsible for providing oversight to the administrative support for Mercy Corps programming in West Nile; assist in the achievement of MC program objectives with the facilitation of recruitment, orientation, management of staff database, office supplies, guest logistics, health and safety management, staff travel and accommodation and general office and field administration issues. The position is to provide support to activities and offices in Arua, Adjumani, Rhino Camp.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the program with all MC Administration arrangements.
- Actively contribute to the office strategic planning process and provide regular updates.
- Interface with stakeholders and local partners in a manner consistent to the program team in terms of paperwork and documentation of goods and services.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with all staff, stakeholders, vendors, partners, etc.
- Maintain high ethical standards and treat people with respect and dignity.
- Demonstrate an awareness of his/her own strengths and development needs.
- Develop the capacity of his/her team and assist with continued development of a career path for his/her staff.
- Work closely with all Mercy Corps staff to ensure smooth introduction and adoption of MC Staff handbook and Administration policy.
- Work with finance compliance to mitigate fraud, conflict of interest and legal ramifications of Mercy Corps
- Adhere to Mercy Corps mandated, procedures and controls including: Field Administration, Field Procurement, Logistics, Asset Management and Finance procedures.
- Offer support in training and orientation of new staff in those procedures.
- Prepare and implement guidelines for support functions of the reception, photocopies, translation services, office cleaning, maintenance and travel coordination.
- Ensure proper functioning and maintenance of the office and guesthouses equipment like photocopiers, printers, cookers, fridges, etc.
- Ensure all office equipment in the various offices and residence is well maintained, generators are always fueled, generator log sheets are filled in appropriately.
- Facilitate timely payments for electricity, water, DSTV and any other utility bills for the facilities.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate inventory of office supplies to include stationery, consumables and cartridges/toners.
- Overall responsible for all travel and accommodation arrangements for Mercy Corps Guests and staff in Yumbe.
- Handle International guest logistics; airport pick-ups, accommodations, field movement support, and other guest-related issues.
- Keep Travel Tracker up-to-date.
- Responsible for managing maintaining confidentially an appropriately the filing system including but not limited to the following; Staff/personnel files, Employment & Service contracts, leave database, stock/inventory files, staff meeting minutes
- Assist in collecting monthly staff timesheets and leave request forms.
- Work closely with the respective supervisors and hiring managers in recruitment processes & staff management.
- Prepare and attend staff coordination meetings and compile the minutes as discussed and agreed upon by chairperson/supervisor.
- Assist in conducting or arranging for trainings and or other human resource development activities.
- Conferencing and Event Management, including making all arrangements as required by MC staff.
- Ethics and integrity:
- All Mercy Corps staff are expected to behave ethically and demonstrate highest integrity in their professional and personal life. Mercy Corps has zero tolerance to any form of fraud, corruption, abuse, harassment or exploitation. Any breach of our policies or misconduct will lead to disciplinary action or may lead to termination.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Mercy Corps Administration Officer job should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, Social Work, Public Administration, Education, or other related field.
- At least three years’ experience in a similar position and or similar roles preferably with International Non-Government Organization and in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in human resource management, particularly in a multi-cultural environment, including techniques for staff development, training, motivation, and disciplinary handling.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Good negotiation, representation, skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
- Keen attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, ability to transparently manage stores, filing, and meet deadlines, work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Proven ability to innovatively solve problems.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their E-mail applications including a cover letter clearly stating the salary requirements, updated CV (with three professional referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to the Human Resource Director, Mercy Corps Uganda to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can also be hand delivered to Mercy Corps Yumbe Field Office located on Plot 1, Diku Village, Chinia Village.
Deadline: 1st February 2019
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.
(Visited 219 times, 2 visits today)