Organization: Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute
Country: Georgia, Lesotho, Switzerland, United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 28 Feb 2019
The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute is the biggest institution for public health, international health and tropical medicine in Switzerland. The institute with over 700 employees delivers a sustainable contribution with its research, education and services to the improvement of health worldwide.
The Clinical Research Unit of the Department of Medicine performs high quality clinical research with translational impact and fosters clinical development of safe, effective and affordable medicines and devices for the benefit of people in and from resource poor countries.
In the area of Tuberculosis and Migration Medicine we are looking for candidates as…
Clinical Research Scientist (100%)
- To conceptualize, implement and coordinate tuberculosis studies in collaboration with partner institutes in Tanzania, Lesotho and Georgia
- To carry out research on clinical epidemiology, diagnosis and management of communicable and non-communicable diseases among migrants in Switzerland, Ethiopia and other African countries
- To participate in the development of new research proposals, trial budgets and protocols according to the scientific strategy of the Department of Medicine
- To analyze and publish research data and to present findings at the scientific meetings
- To contribute to the teaching and training programs at Swiss TPH
- To develop and maintain clinical research partnerships with the Swiss TPH’s collaborators
- Medical Doctor (MD)
- Strong interest in poverty-related diseases and migration medicine
- Experience in clinical research (min 2 years)
- Fluent English and French in spoken and written (German as an asset)
- Flexibility & willingness to stay and work in low income countries (up to 12 months)
- Team player with good communication skills
- Precise, well-structured working style
- Ability to work independently
- Work and participation in interdisciplinary and international research teams
- Involvement of projects at various international study sites
- An individual career development plan and academic advancement
Adequate and attractive remuneration / appropriate pay package
Start: April 2019 or upon agreement
How to apply:
If you are interested, please submit your application online via the link provided below, in English with CV, motivation letter, complete course grades and the names and contact details of 2-3 referees.
Note that we can only accept applications via our online recruiting tool. Applications via email or recruiting agencies will not be considered.
Hélène Fischer, Assistant Clinical Research Unit, Department of Medicine
Email: email@example.com; Tel: +41 (0) 61 284 89 28
To apply online go to https://recruitingapp-2698.umantis.com/Jobs/All