Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
Organization: National Agricultural Research Organisation (NARO)
Duty Station: Wakiso, Uganda
The National Agricultural Research Organisation (NARO) is established by the National Agricultural Research Act 2005 as a body corporate with the mandate to provide strategic direction for publically funded agricultural research in Uganda. The organisation is composed of the Council as its governing body, Committees of Council, a Secretariat for its day-to-day operations with semi-autonomous Public Agricultural Research Institutes (PARI’s) under its policy guidance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Tasked with drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organising and maintaining files.
· Responding to telephone inquiries, giving information to callers and routing calls to appropriate officials and also placing outgoing calls.
· Updating the office diary, providing information to callers and visitors, typing letters and reports as well as filing and retrieving documents.
· Receiving official visitors and walk-in customers by ascertaining the nature of business and directing them accordingly.
· Receiving, sorting, recording and distributing mail, general correspondence and documents to appropriate officials.
· Scheduling appointments and screening requests for meetings, synchronizing and updating appointments.
· Preparing both local and international itineraries, confirming travel, freight and hotel reservations.
· Locating and attaching appropriate files to correspondence or queries as well as organizing filing and retrieval systems.
· Overseeing the proper maintenance, storage, retrieval of files and documents in order to ensure that they are accessible and secure.
· Organizing meetings and conferences and accurately recording proceedings of various deliberations.
· Monitoring and tracking the progress of various assignments and regularly updating the supervisor and other members of staff on deadlines and problems.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidates for the should National Agricultural Research Organisation (NARO) Administrative Assistant job should hold a Diploma in Secretarial Studies from a reputation institution. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial and Office Management will be an added advantage.
· At least three (3) years progressive experience gained in a busy executive office.
· Proficiency in using word processing and other computer software packages, including use of the e-mail, the internet as well as local and wide area network systems.
· Age: Below 45 years
All suitably qualified and interested persons should submit applications together with a detailed curriculum vitae giving telephone and e-mail addresses and names and addresses of 3 (three) referees as well as copies of academic certificates and testimonials to the undersigned.
Applicants are advised to quote the reference number of the post applied for on the top left hand corner of the envelope and on the application letter specifying the institute of preference and should apply for not more than two (2) positions.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and notified via NARO web-site, telephones and e-mail addresses as provided on the CV. Short-listed candidates will be required to provide certified copies of their Academic Qualifications.
National Agricultural Research Organization,
Deadline: 21st February 2019 by 5.00 p.m.
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.
(Visited 94 times, 1 visits today)