Organization: Brooklyn Economic Consulting
Country: Burundi, Rwanda, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 15 Feb 2019
At Brooklyn Economic Consulting Ltd we provide rigorous Research, Data Insights and Advisory Services to our clients. Using our academic and research expertise, we have delivered functional solutions to our clients in the ever changing business, social and development environment. Our core service includes;
· Strategy, Policy and Advisory
· Business and Market Analytics
· Evaluation and Project Management
· becoconsulting IT Lab ( Data analytics, Geopolitical Intelligence & Training)
More about us, please visit our website www.becoconsulting.com
About the Job: We are looking for suitable candidate to fill the above position, is In Country based (Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania and Burundi). The position reports to director.
- Identifying and writing winning proposals in Africa.
- Developing specific research mythologies, reporting and deliverables to each study.
- Developing and design of data collection tools in various platforms i.e. ODK, Kobo Enketo, Survey to go, Survey monkey, CSpro e.t.c
- Recruiting, training of data collection teams, budgeting and managing field works to ensure quality work.
- Support project planning and management of various new and ongoing projects.
- Data analysis, report writing, editing and preparation of presentation for each study conducted.
- Provide support to company business development goals.
- Manage each client needs and expectation for the project assigned.
· Masters in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Rural development. PhD will be an added advantage.
· At least 5 – 10 years of experience involved in measurement, evaluation and learning including market research.
· Excellent skills in writing winning proposals in WASH, financial, child protection and Agricultural fields.
· Experience designing, conducting and managing impact evaluations.
· Experience in designing, conducting, and managing baseline, midline, and end line surveys including value chain analysis.
· Evidence of advanced evaluation design and advanced statistical analysis including multi-level modeling, propensity score matching, conducting power analysis for clustered evaluations and, fluency with a statistical software package desired.
· Strong data analysis (use of Stata, SPSS, R), English report writing, and presentation skills.
· Able to effectively manage activities in a multi-cultural environment.
· At least five (3-5) years of research supervisory experience
· Fluency in English required and fluency in French is preferred.
· Experience working with INGO’s and government is preferred.
· Experience working in East Africa is desired.
· Please submit evidence of writing skills ( 2 latest reports authored by the consultant)
· State expected consultancy fees per month.
· State evidence of availability.
· Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification from recruitment process.
How to apply:
How to apply
· Interested candidates should apply by sending their cover letter, resume, sample report online by 15th February, 2019 to email@example.com
· All application will be reviewed on rolling basis.
· All applications MUST be submitted in PDF format.