Closing date: 08 Feb 2019
CBM is an international Christian development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the world. CBM addresses disability as a cause and consequence of poverty, and works in partnership to create an inclusive society for all.
Location: Kampala, Uganda
The job holder oversees the effective and efficient function of CBM’s finance operations in the Country Office, ensuring consistent application of accounting principles and standards, observing CBM controls, timelines and compliance with regulatory requirements, tax policies and procedures.
Finance management and support to programmes
· Guide partners to Set-up and maintain strong control processes to ensure that financial resources are used by partners in comply with CBM financial policies, standards and procedures, and with specific donor requirements and contracts and provide training/coaching as needed.
· Conduct the financial and legal compliance part of partner assessments to assess capacity gaps
· Contribute to the development of Terms of References for project monitoring visits by the Country Office Team ensuring that partners’ outstanding budget implementation queries are addressed by the visiting team.
Budget and planning
· Coordinate all aspects of the annual and multi-year budget process with partners, in line with CBM’s budget guidelines.
· Oversee the development of the budget component of all proposals, ensuring all costs are accounted for and maximum costs are recovered; hold authority to sign off on the financial component of proposals
General Finance and Administration
· Prepare the Country Office payroll, and ensure tax calculations, social security and other statutory contribution are made in line with relevant CBM internal and national regulations
· Maintain internal accounting system and records, and ensure reliability and integrity of financial management information systems, documentation and reports.
Ensure that internal control procedures and donor regulations are adhered to for all cash and bank disbursements, receipts, transfers and include appropriate backup of supporting documentation
· Submit timely and complete reports to the Country Director, Regional Hub Office and International Office as per agreed timetable and in line with established reporting requirements.
· Provide regular budget monitoring reports (budget vs. actual expenditures) and other financial reports to budget holders/stakeholders as required for periodical analysis and provide recommendations for budget realignments as required.
· Regularly and pro-actively inform/update the Country Director on arising financial issues with a potential impact on Country Office management.
· Observe compliance with in-country financial regulatory and reporting requirements including statutory accounts, audit, tax filing, social security contributions, etc. and work on other compliance matters with the relevant functions, including CBM in-country registration and annual reporting to relevant authorities.
Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience
· Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration and Management
· Professional qualifications in accounting (CPA, ACCA, CIMA) mandatory
· Certified member of the local board of accountancy added advantage
· A minimum of 5 years’ work experience in similar field, particularly with international NGOs or international development organization
· Perform all tasks in a confidential manner
· Ability to develop and maintain accounting systems which handle large amounts of information
· Ability to prioritize work, and meet deadlines
· Effective communication skills
· An effective team player who is also able to work independently
· Ability to integrate into a multi-cultural environment
· Reflects CBM values in daily work
How to apply:
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail, a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to Recruit.Nairobi@cbm.org.
CBM encourages Uganda’s nationals who meet the qualifications to apply.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities who qualify to apply for this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.