Applications are invited for Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowships available for researchers across all disciplines for 2019 year. Fellows may hold a Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship.
The Council aims to support an expertise-driven research system in order to enhance Ireland’s innovation capacity and skills base in a rapidly changing global environment where knowledge is key to economic, social and cultural development. The Council is further committed to facilitating the integration of Irish researchers in all disciplines within the European Research Area.
The mission of the Council is to enable and sustain a vibrant and creative research community in Ireland. This scheme is intended to support suitably qualified applicants at an early stage of their postdoctoral career to associate with established research teams who have achieved international recognition for their work.
- Application Deadline: November 21, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral research programme.
- Study Subject: Irish Research Council Government of Ireland schemes are open to all disciplines.
- Scholarship Award: They offer:
- A salary of €31,275 per annum
- Employer’s PRSI contribution of €3,395 per annum (10.85% of salary)
- Employer’s pension contribution, where applicable, of €6,255 per annum (20% of salary)
- Eligible direct research expenses of €5,000 per annum
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: International applicants
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: An applicant must have either graduated or have been certified as having fulfilled all the requirements for the award of a doctoral degree, including the submission of the hardbound corrected thesis, within the five year period between 31 May 2014 and 31 May 2019.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Documentation related to the 2019 Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship call will be released shortly. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.