Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
Organization: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Finance
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Management Accountant will be responsible for effective implementation of UGAFODE’s accounting policies and provision of timely, accurate, relevant and reliable management information while maintaining tight budgetary control. Also to enhance quality decision making through value-adding investment appraisals, predictive modelling, trend and scenario analysis and raising the visibility for profit and margins by business units in line with compliance and risk perspectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Leadership role in budgeting for overheads and capex process including (improvements to the templates, guidance to budget holders and detailed review of draft budgets);
· Supervision of accounts officer (Payments) to ensure payments are made promptly and in accordance with budget.
· Detailed review and first approval of payroll and related statutory obligations.
· Close monitoring of expenditure, both Capex and Opex, tracking and reporting of material exceptional approvals.
· Drive cost reduction initiatives through close working with Accounts Officer (payments)
· Maintaining budgetary control:
· Prepare bank monthly management accounts
· Value addition through in-depth analysis on NII, business reporting in terms of transfer pricing and branch profitability.
· Predictive modelling to enhance management and Board decision making in strategy implementation;
· Maintain management accounts of subsidiary entities
· Close monitoring of portfolio vs interest income by product to ensure interest is correctly booked as accrued.
· Focus on NII through close monitoring of activity fees vs customer numbers/transaction volumes to ensure all non-interest income is correctly captured and charged.
· Close tracking of and reporting on debits to income
· Documentation and filing: Regular update of procedural documentation (procedures manual) in line with changes in operating processes for reporting and retrieval purposes.
· Investment management: supports UGAFODE with management information regarding treasury Investment appraisals and analysis so as to maximise return on the company short term liquidity investments
· Funding Proposals: Analyses and develops and manage proposals aimed at seeking for funding lines that are cheap and reliable to support bank’s growth strategies from time to time
· Compliance: Ensures adherence to UGAFODE internal, external as well as regulatory and best practices in management accounting.
· Conducts reconciliation as per plan for grants, proposals and costs against approved budget. Monitor budget performance and budget implementation.
· Team Leadership: Takes full responsibility for performance management of all direct reports, focusing on all aspects of sound people management e.g. Recruitment, Development, Performance Management, Remuneration and Rewards, Career path planning, On-the-job training, coaching & mentoring and Employee engagement etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) Management Accountant job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business or Commerce
· Professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CPA, CIMA) with a good pass record
· At least 3 years post qualification experience;
All suitably qualified and interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their cover letter together with an up-to- date CV and Academic documents as one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line). Applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource
Deadline: 14th March 2019
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.
(Visited 53 times, 1 visits today)