Organization: Association for Strengthening Agricultural Research in Eastern and Central Africa
Closing date: 30 Mar 2019
The Association for Strengthening Agricultural Research in Eastern and Central Africa (ASARECA) is a non-profit Intergovernmental organisation of the National Agricultural Research Systems (NARS) of twelve countries (Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda).
A transformed ECA agricultural sector supporting improved livelihoods, sustained economic growth and inclusive development.
To contribute to increased productivity, commercialization and competitiveness of the ECA agricultural sector through strengthening, catalysing and coordinating agricultural research for development in the ECA sub region.
Areas for internship;
Library, Record keeping and professional filing
Qualifications, skills and experience;
· Eligible candidates for internship must have completed an undergraduate degree
· The interns should have a desire to gain professional experience and be eager to learn
· Good oral and written communication skills with ability to follow directions and not afraid to ask questions to ensure a productive internship
· Articulate and fluent in English, French is an added advantage
· Patient, attention to detail, fast learner, committed, able to follow instructions and can work accurately under pressure
· Limited professional experience required.
· Personal Accident insurance cover for the period of internship
· Bank account details
· Copy of national identification
· Letter of recommendation from your learning institution and Local Council area 1
How to apply:
Please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th March, 2019 before 5:00pm East African Time.
Due to a large number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.