Closing date: 18 Mar 2019
The job holder is responsible for providing sound programmatic and financial management to enable successful implementation and achievement of all objectives and targets of key projects in Uganda. It demands someone with a proactive and highly organised approach to coordination and communication with partners, CBM offices and external stakeholders. The job holder will ensure all CBM programming, reporting and partnership commitments are met and will provide a critical support function for other staff within CBM Uganda country office.
· Coordination and oversight of all project planning, delivery, monitoring and reporting activities of partners.
· Management of all project steering committee activities, including scheduling meetings and administration of key reference documents: work plan, log-frame and risk register.
· Ensure that all partner project staff are properly oriented or trained for clear and comprehensive understanding of the project
· Provide each partner with a comprehensive understanding of CBM reporting systems for both programme and finance. Emphasis should be given to quality and accountability.
· Develop scheduled communication (verbal and written) with partners regarding the status of implementation of project activities and act accordingly to help and facilitate the resolution of all problems as they may occur. All communications that are important should be documented in writing for reference.
· Support with the organization and implementation of trainings to strengthen partner’s capacity to meet CBM and donor expectations on identified critical project management disciplines.
· Facilitate all monitoring and evaluation activities required for each project, including data collection, needs assessment and consultative meetings with project stakeholders.
· Support partners to track progress of the savings groups, VSLAs and IGA activities to see if targets set in the annual work plan are achieved.
· Support the implementation of monitoring plans for the savings groups and ensure they get involved in own monitoring and evaluation of VSLAs, IGAs etc activities
· Serve as the liaison with stakeholders and relevant local Government departments in the project catchment area.
- Guide partners to set up and maintain control systems and processes to ensure that resources as used by partners are in compliance with CBM policies, standards and procedures, and with specific donor requirements and contracts.
- Coordinate project reporting process with partners, CBM country and regional office staff, ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness of reports.
- Prepare programme documents and critically analyze all partners’ and country office financial and narrative monitoring reports for compliance against donor requirements and approved budgets.
- Support partners with accurate budget forecasting and planning.
- Monitor project implementation and budgets through: budget versus actual analysis, highlighting burn rates and under/over spends.
- Review periodical program fund reconciliation statements and financial reports (including Project Progress Reports) from the implementing partners to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial reports.
· Support in the development of Terms of Reference for project audits/ evaluations and ensure that CBMs accountability requirements are incorporated.
· To provide support as required, to the management in the annual reporting process.
· Uploading of approved financial and narrative project monitoring reports in Navision and SharePoint.
· Manage external reporting and support with the consolidation of the consortium’s partners’ and CO project reporting; ensure high-quality, well-written and timely reports meeting donor and CBM requirements;
· Record all results and analysis of project monitoring results/data that are stored at the project level by partners, with important/ strategic findings (lessons learned, best practices, evidence base) filed at CBM office.
· Collect, document and report on significant Stories of Change as well as other PR and Fundraising material in full compliance with CBM and donor policies.
· Ensure that processes and procedures organizationally and at individual staff level always meet CBM minimum standards and project requirements.
· Ensure that principles and practice of disability inclusive development are woven through the design and implementation of the projects
· Develop/strengthen the capacity of Partners in various programme themes to promote CBMs programme approach and standards in child safeguarding, gender, disability and development, M&E, iPCM etc.
· Assist partners to plan and organise workshops/seminars exposing projects’ successes and positive results that are supported by evidence, inviting relevant district, provincial and national levels government offices and others
· Conduct evaluations and share results accordingly for advocacy purposes.
Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience:
· Relevant university degree in social sciences, project management business administration, or related field.
· Professional experience of 5 years in a national or international NGO with a track record in successfully managing inclusive development and/or humanitarian programmes in collaboration with national partners.
· Experience with Livelihoods programming, working with partner organizations for activities in Village Savings and Loans (VSLA).Experience in managing institutionally funded projects, including consortium led projects.
· Familiarity with principles and practice of savings-led microfinance and with strong awareness of challenges faced by traditional methodologies
· Experience in evaluation and strengthening of quality and effectiveness systems
· Proven experience in results-based management and project cycle management, including assessment, monitoring and evaluation, with a sound understanding of budgeting and programme finance management.
· Demonstrated experience in managing internal and external relationships and partnerships particularly with national /county local governments.
· Experience in working with various government/bi-lateral/major institutional donors.
· Proven good organizational and coordination skills as well as a high level of autonomy and flexibility.
· Ability to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions and personal backgrounds.
· Advantage of lived experience with disability.
· Experience of working with persons with disabilities or promoting disability rights a distinct advantage.
· Commitment to CBM’s mission, vision and values
How to apply:
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail, a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to Recruit.Nairobi@cbm.org.
Application deadline: 5 pm 18th March 2019
CBM encourages Uganda’s nationals who meet the qualifications to apply.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities who qualify to apply for this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.